- This show has passed.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream @ Appleby Castle
August 4, 2017 @ 7:00 pm£12 - £15
Join us in the glorious grounds of Appleby Castle for our all-male, bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream!
Four young lovers find themselves enveloped in the dream-like arms of a magical forest full of sprites, where a feuding Fairy King and Queen are at war over the possession of an Indian boy. A group of amateur actors share the same forest. They’re rehearsing for a play. Fairies and humans collide. Hilarity ensues.
In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 6pm, so why not bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show?
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £17 each.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- A £1 booking fee per paid ticket will be added to your total by the merchant. This fee does not apply to complimentary ‘Under 16’ tickets.
12 people are attending A Midsummer Night’s Dream @ Appleby Castle