- This show has passed.
Romeo & Juliet @ Glastonbury Abbey
May 31 @ 6:30 pmFree - £15
The HandleBards are the world’s first cycling theatre company. Before touring their “seriously silly” production of Romeo and Juliet around the world, they pedalled it 1500 miles around the UK by bicycle, with all the necessary set, props and costume in tow. Now, the show is back by popular demand – and, in usual HandleBards style, you can expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
Join the HandleBards’ all-female troupe in the beautiful Glastonbury Abbey for Romeo and Juliet as you’ve never seen it before!
And what’s the play about? Well – Romeo and Juliet fall in love, despite the fact that both their families hate each other. Hilarity ensues… Well, sort of.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 6pm, so why not bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show?
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome. As are well-behaved dogs.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- One ‘Under 16’ ticket is available free of charge with a paying adult. However, please add this ticket to your cart as well as the corresponding Standard or Early Bird ticket.
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £17 each. However, our free ‘Under 16’ ticket offer is only available online and in-advance.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Tickets can be brought digitally to the show, so please don’t feel like you need to print them!
- A £1 booking fee per paid ticket will be added to your total by the merchant. This fee does not apply to complimentary ‘Under 16’ tickets.