- This show has passed.
Romeo & Juliet @ Tuppenny Barn
July 27 @ 7:00 pm
The HandleBards are the world’s first cycling theatre company. Before touring their “seriously silly” production of Romeo and Juliet around the world, they pedalled it 1500 miles around the UK by bicycle, with all the necessary set, props and costume in tow. Now, the show is back by popular demand – and, in usual HandleBards style, you can expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
Join the HandleBards’ all-female troupe at the Tuppenny Barn in Southbourne for Romeo and Juliet as you’ve never seen it before!
And what’s the play about? Well – Romeo and Juliet fall in love, despite the fact that both their families hate each other. Hilarity ensues… Well, sort of.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 6:30pm, so why not arrive a bit early, enjoy our pre-show food (you can pre-book if you’re really organised) and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show starts at 7pm.
- Please do not bring your own picnics. We will be selling refreshments form 6.30pm.
- Please bring warm clothing as the show will take place outdoors.
- Chairs and blankets and low level accessories are welcome. Chairs may be asked to be moved if hindering views.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
- Licensed bar pre-show and during the interval.
Tickets for this show are being handled by the venue – please visit their website, here.