Twelfth Night @ Wick Court
June 21 @ 6:30 pmFree - £15
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join our all-male troupe at Wick Court (Farms for City Children) in Arlingham for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night’ like none other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well – Duke Orsino is in love with Lady Olivia, but she won’t have anything to do with suitors. Viola is shipwrecked and believes her twin brother Sebastian to be dead. Meanwhile, a bunch of Olivia’s servants plot to make a fool out of her pompous Butler, Malvolio. There’s drunkenness, frivolity and cross-dressing a plenty.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- A £1 booking fee will be added to all tickets by the merchant at checkout (except free tickets).
- You do not need to print your tickets, bringing them digitally is absolutely fine too (and saves trees!).
- Doors will open an hour before the show for picnics and enjoyment of the gardens.
- Tickets will also be available on the door for £17.