- This show has passed.
July 20, 2019 @ 7:00 pm UTC+0 - 9:00 pm
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join their all-female troupe at Cottesbrooke Hall for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘The Tempest’ like no other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well – a shipwreck washes the court of Milan up onto a mysterious desert island, inhabited by magicians, sprites and monsters, where nothing is as it seems. There’s magic, musicality and mystery a plenty!
This is an outdoor production, so please bring your own chair or blanket to sit on, a picnic to dig into, and dress for the weather!
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 5pm, so bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching, so please wear these instead.
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £20 each.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Tickets can be brought digitally to the show, so please don’t feel like you need to print them.
Tickets : £18
Tickets are not available as this show has passed.