The Tempest @ The Wardrobe (The Rifles Museum)
June 7 @ 6:30 pmFree - £16
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join their all-female troupe at The Wardrobe (The Rifles Museum) for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ’The Tempest’ like no other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well – a shipwreck washes the court of Milan up onto a mysterious desert island, inhabited by magicians, sprites and monsters, where nothing is as it seems. There’s magic, musicality and mystery a plenty!
This is an outdoor production, so please bring your own chair or blanket to sit on, a picnic to dig into, and dress for the weather!
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 5.30pm, so bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching, so please wear these instead.
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- One ‘Under 10’ tickets is available free of charge with each paid ticket. However, please add these Under 10 tickets to your cart.
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £18 each.
- Our free ‘Under 10’ ticket offer is only available online and in-advance.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Tickets can be brought digitally to the show, so please don’t feel like you need to print them.
- A £1 booking fee per paid ticket will be added to your total by the merchant. This fee does not apply to complimentary ‘Under 10’ tickets.