- This show has passed.
Painswick Rococo Garden
June 17, 2018 @ 6:30 pm UTC+0 - 8:30 pm
Free – £16
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join our all-male troupe in the beautiful Painswick Rococo Garden for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night’ like none other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well – Duke Orsino is in love with Lady Olivia, but she won’t have anything to do with suitors. Viola is shipwrecked and believes her twin brother Sebastian to be dead. Meanwhile, a bunch of Olivia’s servants plot to make a fool out of her pompous Butler, Malvolio. There’s drunkenness, frivolity and cross-dressing a plenty.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 5.30pm, so why not bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show?
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome. As are well-behaved dogs.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- One ‘Under 16’ ticket is available free of charge with a paying adult. However, please add this ticket to your cart as well as the corresponding Standard or Early Bird ticket.
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £18 each. However, our free ‘Under 16’ ticket offer is only available online and in-advance.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Tickets can be brought digitally to the show, so please don’t feel like you need to print them!
- A £1 booking fee per paid ticket will be added to your total by the merchant. This fee does not apply to complimentary ‘Under 16’ tickets.
Tickets : Free – £16
Tickets are not available as this show has passed.