Twelfth Night @ The Geffrye Museum of the Home
September 7 @ 7:00 pm£5 - £15
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join our all-male troupe at the stunning Geffrye Museum of the Home for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night’ like none other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well – Duke Orsino is in love with Lady Olivia, but she won’t have anything to do with suitors. Viola is shipwrecked and believes her twin brother Sebastian to be dead. Meanwhile, a bunch of Olivia’s servants plot to make a fool out of her pompous Butler, Malvolio. There’s drunkenness, frivolity and cross-dressing a plenty.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 6pm, so why not bring a picnic and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show?
- Chairs, picnics, blankets and any other low level accessories are welcome. There will be a licensed bar onsite before the show and during the interval.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
Important Ticket Conditions – Please Read
- Tickets are unfortunately non-changeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets will also be available to purchase on the day at the venue, for £17 each for adults and £5 each for under 16s
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- Tickets can be brought digitally to the show, so please don’t feel like you need to print them!
- A £1 booking fee per paid ticket will be added to your total by the merchant.